Annisa Wibi Ismarlanti is a high spirited young lady from Indonesia; a moderate muslim youth with high dreams in accomplishing her visions for the benefit of the people around her, for Indonesia, and the world. Annisa just started her business with her friends, named IDEAS Indonesia. IDEAS stands for Innovation, Design, Engineering, Art, and Science, and Growbox is part of their product.
1. How and when did you come up with your business idea?
This idea started last year, when me and my friends just graduated from college and we had a trip to Yogyakarta. At that time, we had lunch in one of restaurant in Yogyakarta who was serving a variety foods from mushrooms. In there we also saw the decorations came from mushroom media, hanging and they were very cute. So we thought, can we make the decoration from the mushrooms and grow in urban areas?
After this, we did some research about mushrooms, especially the oyster mushrooms, and make the prototyping. And fortunately, there was a competition from one of the banks in Indonesia, and Growbox succesfully become one of the 50 Entrepreneurs which got the prize to start the business.
We also realized that people nowadays don’t care about where their food comes from. With Growbox, we want to educate people so that it is easy and fun for them to grow their own food, know how the process works until it gets in to the table, so that they appreciate their food and reduce food waste.
2. Where do you get inspiration from?
Jejamuran Restaurant, Yogyakarta
3. What is one thing you wish you would have known before starting your own business?
My real passion, because passion is the fire that lights your way.
4. What 3 tips can you give to someone wanting to make the change?
– Be creative and inovative, create more value from your business, don’t be ordinary
– Be patient, don’t assume things will magically work out
– Dream, believe, and make it happen!
5. What is one book that you recommend to read?
Mycellium Running “How mushrooms can help save the world”